Friday, July 30, 2010

Record Hail Storm in SD

My parents were visiting relatives in South Dakota when a record hail storm hit the area. My cousin was trying to get to the fire hall during the storm when this happened:

keith's car

He's okay, the hail stone just cut his arm and bruised his thigh. My folks RV was pretty smashed up but they were out of the area with their car. Insurance should repair or replace the holes that were cut through the roof of the RV and the other parts that were damaged.

Some of the largest hail stones ever recorded hit the area. I've been through bad hail storms that damaged cars and houses, but nothing like this. The record hail stones look about like rugby balls.

2 comments:

leathej1 said...

Dude.

DuggleBogey said...

I know, it looks like something from a Michael Bay movie.