Thursday, April 27, 2017

Life

I drive a plug-in hybrid electric car, and I'm lucky that my workplace has electric charging stations where I can charge my car while I work.

One day when plugging in my car I noticed a coin sitting on the ground in front of the charger. I picked up the coin and placed it on the top of the charger. It's kind of slanted, so every day the coin slides a little way towards the front of the charger, eventually falling back onto the pavement. Occasionally I pick up the coin again and place it back atop the charger. I've been doing this for at least six months. Someday the coin will disappear. It will fall and roll farther away than I care to look, or someone will see the coin on the ground or the charger and take it for themselves. Until then, I will keep putting the coin back up on the charger.

No comments: