Monday, October 15, 2007

Lets Do The Time Warp Again

I actually thought I finished up the last post at 1:22am. From there I went to bed and watched a Jim Norton comedy special I recorded on HBO earlier in the evening. It only felt like half an hour, but when I next looked at the clock by the television, it was 3:00am. "Geez, I must be drowsy," I thought to myself.

I wasn't drowsy. The system clock on my computer had adjusted for what should have been Daylight Savings Time and fucked me all up. But I was totally unaware that it was actually 2:30am when I finished that post.

At noon I started watching a football game and fired up WoW for some pre-tournament time killing. When my computer clock read 1:30 I fired up PokerStars to register for the tournament. And it was already running for half an hour, with the ludicrous 1337 (how elite) players. WoW is definitely a time warp and I had spent two and a half hours when it felt like one and a half.

One thing that threw me off was that I bought my wife a Microsoft Zune for her birthday, and synchronized it with my computer. All the music and video is on my computer, so that made the most sense. Only my computer wouldn't install the Zune software because you have to have at least XP Service Pack 2 to install the software. The last time I tried to upgrade to service pack 2 my computer got caught in a reboot loop and I had to reformat from scratch. With no other need for SP2 I just lived without it.

Now with a need, I installed SP2 and it worked fine. Not fine enough to fix the DST problem, obviously. There are probably still patches to install, it seems like I have installed dozens already.

Congrats to Surflexus for finishing high in the blogger tourney. He's a hell of a tournament player.

No comments: