Thursday, July 01, 2004

First tourney at RV...

For the first time in a long time, I didn't play a hand of poker at Intertopspoker.com. I still have money in my account, but I am hesitant to touch it since I am barely above the withdraw limit.

Instead I got my email situation straightened out and got my account verified at Royal Vegas. I still had deposit issues, and didn't feel like tackling it, so I just wandered around, looking at tables. They added a free $10 to my account so I bought into a SNG. $.75+.25 tourament. Prima Poker rooms really seem to cater too the micro bankroll players. It was a turbo tournament, meaning the blinds double every 5 hands. This seems to put a large amount of pressure on the poor players, because they went all in with some extremely weak hands. I was up early, kept the pressure on, and won it going away. The monster payout was $3.75.

So after my big cashout, I have $50.25 at Intertopspoker and $12.75 at Royal Vegas.

I do like the interface at RV more than I did at Aztec Riches. The only main difference is when it is your turn the buttons appear on the middle of the table, instead of tiny little buttons in the corner of the screen. I can deal with that. I still had to change my screen resolution to 800x600 to make the table big enough. Maybe I need a bigger monitor. Prima rooms also only let you have 2 tables going at one time, where Party allows 4. I've only played 4 once before, to try and get in raked hands. It went really well, but I caught unbelievable cards.

I've made a commitment to try out Absolute Poker, if I can get them to follow through on the free $25 account. We will see...

No comments: