Monday, December 27, 2004

Predictable is the best

I trust everyone had a safe and pleaseant Xmas. I only call it Xmas because it pisses off the "super-christian" folk I work with. Otherwise I would just say "holiday." Go be rude, eh?

I have only been able to play a few hands so far at my in-laws, playing on dial up is like torture. Slow torture. I actually tried to download a file and play at the same time. BIG mistake. The one-meg file took forever, and poker was almost completely halted. I bet my table-mates loved that it took 20 seconds for every fold or call.

Here is my favorite hand so far, however:


***** Hand History for Game 1354429425 *****
$25 PL Hold'em - Monday, December 27, 13:36:48 EDT 2004
Table Do the freak (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 5: davekf123 ( $36.55 )
Seat 9: flatrate ( $44.88 )
Seat 10: itsonyou22 ( $24.8 )
Seat 4: DuggleBogey ( $15.95 )
Seat 3: rwcapitol ( $32.85 )
Seat 8: transito ( $13.05 )
Seat 2: Madbax01 ( $27.65 )
Seat 1: FRALES ( $24 )
Seat 7: coach1 ( $4.5 )
Seat 6: cbmertz ( $13 )
rwcapitol posts small blind [$0.25].
DuggleBogey posts big blind [$0.5].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DuggleBogey [ 3s 2d ]
davekf123 folds.
cbmertz folds.
coach1 folds.
transito calls [$0.5].
flatrate folds.
itsonyou22 folds.
Madbax01 raises [$1].
rwcapitol calls [$0.75].
DuggleBogey raises [$4].
transito folds.
Madbax01 calls [$3.5].
rwcapitol folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 8h, Js ]
DuggleBogey bets [$10].
Madbax01 folds.
DuggleBogey shows [ 3s, 2d ] high card jack.

Yes I showed. Madbax01 had done that STUPID .50 raise pre-flop for all of the 6 hands he had played so far. I pledged to raise him on the next hand, which happened to be my big blind. I did it anyway, even though I only got 23o. Predictably, he called my raise and folded on the flop. I should rise his BB .50 every time now, but I'm not that rude.

2 comments:

Scapegote said...

I hate to tell you but the X in Xmas comes from the greek chi, which is the first letter in Christ. You could say happy holidays, but holiday comes from 'holy day' so you really aren't getting anywhere.

DuggleBogey said...

That's bad news for the right-wing fascist moron I work with, but it still works for me because even if he is pissed off at nothing, I still get to take advatage.