Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Spirit of BG Compels You

Maybe it was jealousy of all the fun the folks were having at The Bash. Perhaps it was the spirit of Boy Genius actually transporting itself from Pennsylvania all the way to Tennessee telling me I needed to bet on some ponies. Maybe it was just boredom. At any rate, I was struck with the urge to go to Kentucky Downs, a racetrack just across the Tennessee/Kentucky border and less than an hour drive from here.

When I got there, I found this:DSC_0042
An empty track!

It rained quite hard this morning, and the forecast was quite dire for the Kenucky Downs area in the afternoon. As you can tell from the picture, it's as dry as a bone. But racing was cancelled either way. I did bet on a simulcast race at Belmot Park, made enough money to pay for my gas up there and back, and trekked back through Nashville to my temporary apartment.

Ah, here's that rain, 4pm:DSC_0046

2 comments:

April said...

We made a trip down to the track here in Texas as well. Got in four races before the rain hit, one of which featured the lights going out in the middle of a race, as the horses were making the last turn. It was awesome.

Jordan said...

That's a lot of rain. Rain doesn't show up in pictures unless its reallllllly coming down