Thursday, September 28, 2006

Good Week

mookie win

It started Tuesday night with a third place finish in the Weekly Wheatie, and the hot streak continued with a Wednesday win in the Mookie. My secret? Have AA in the big blind when someone raises into you. Happened three times in this tourney.

I played the hammer six times in the Wil Wheaton tournament, and won all six times, once winning 1000 chips from CJ which put me into the lead.

I played it twice in the Mookie, the final time when heads up. Won 10,000 with it after a continuation bet. I folded it once when I was in the small blind and there were two all-ins in front of me.

Papi Justify got horribly unlucky on the last hand of the Mookie. I raised A5 and he reraised. Flop came 235 and I pushed, thinking top pair might be good, if not I had redraws with the ace and the gutshot straight. Papi called with 66 and I started begging. I didn't have to beg for long when the turn was a 5 and I just barely had him covered, so the bad beat ended the tourney.

Mookie always live blogs his tournament on his blog: 9/28/06 Mookie. Interesting that I was either leader or in second for nearly the entire tournament, but my name isn't even mentioned outside of chipcounts until 11:55 in a three hour tournament that ended at Midnight! THAT'S how you win these things, stay under the radar!

9 comments:

jjok said...

well done sir!

Congrats.....

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Excellent! I like seeing you on top.

mookie99 said...

Congrats on the big win !

So sorry about the live blog fiasco...can't believe I slept through most of the tourney.....Damn.

Micah Seymour said...

Hey I saw that on Card Squad the other day. Gratz.

Jimmy said...

Well done last night, you played a helluva tournament. See you next week

Fuel55 said...

Duggles rules!!!! Love the genesis of your name ...

RoccoBoxer said...

Nice win. I enjoyed playing with you. I was the recipient of one of you AA hands. I think i had 88. See you next time.

BrainMc said...

Yeah, Papi knocked me out when he had AA in the big blind. It was fitting that the 2 of you went heads up. Nice job.

SirFWALGMan said...

Good Job man, Seen you tearing up the game.. Congrats!