Friday, November 17, 2006

Jordan Apologoizes

Jordan has posted an apology of sorts at his blog, High on Poker.

Needless to say I was not impressed by his apology. He seems to know that what he did was wrong, but some of his statements really don't seem to acknowledge that. Here are the parts I disagree with.

I came by my win honestly

No you did not. You absolutely gained an unfair advantage by this move. I'd like to see you admit that.

The bottom line is, I made some ballsy plays, based on my opponents' actions.

You even admit that you got someone to fold in a situation where it was close. THAT is the essence of why this is so wrong. The fact is it's easier to fold a hand to Gary's aggression than it is to yours. If it were three guys who basically played the same style game, it wouldn't be as important (it would still be wrong, however.) But because you and Gary have such different styles, it definitely affected the play of those around you.

Did Gary's image help me here? I don't think Lucko plays against him enough to know, but if it did, so be it.

So be it? So if you had an unfair advantage, you're okay with that?

Deception is part of the game, and in online poker, the anonymity of the Internet just adds to it.

There's a big difference in exploiting someone's prejudice against women or black people and actually posing as another player without telling people.

I am NOT calling Jordan a cheater. I don't think he intentionally tried to take anyone's money. I don't think there was any malice intended at all. I would call it more of a mistake in judgement. He obviously knows what he did was wrong, because he is offering to pay every player who played in the DADI $8.70.

I don't want $8.70. I just want him to admit that he had an advantage, what they did was wrong, and that something like this won't happen again.

8 comments:

slb159 said...

I read Jordan's post and have to agree with you. While our ultimate goal in playing poker online is to become a better player (and with that comes making money...sometimes, unless you are the victim of repeated bad beats), as I said in my previous comment...it's all about the competition.

I'm not a very good player, but I do take pride in honesty and developing good reads on people. I was a born competitor and have been every since biddy basketball and little league baseball.

Again, Jordan's (and the other's) move was unacceptable and I'm not worried about an 8$ refund as I went out early anyway.

Yes, he will continue to be a friend of mine, but I will never justify this kind of move. Very unprofessional in my opinion, whatever the joking intentions were.

Jordan said...

Duggles:

I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

GCox's table image gave me an unfair advantage, although it was unintentional.

Is that all you were looking for? If so, then I hope this suffices. If not, let me know what else I can do.

Jordan said...

Oh, and please don't vilify me because I tried to make reparations.

TripJax said...

Duggle,
It was a prank turned bad and I apologize for what it turned into and how it ended. I hope you know this. A lesson was learned on my part and I'm ready to move on. Please read my blog post.
Trip

SLB,
We get it. You feel it is unacceptable. No one is asking you to justify anything. We did something we thought would be funny to everyone and it backfired. We are human. People make mistakes and then regret those mistakes. As I've said on a few comments so far, "hindsight is shitty, shitty." I realize now, after the fact, that it was a stupid move.

Fellas, as friends, give us a hearty jab...a "shame, shame"...call me a dumbass...whatever...but please don't turn this into more than it already is.

Please read my post.

TripJax

SirFWALGMan said...

I agree it was wrong. I accept Jordons poorly worded apology. Let's move on. Duggles can I have your 8.70?

Wolverine Fan said...

I think I almost have DoubleAs set to play as me in DADI XI. He's a little scared of what my play would do to his image.

DuggleBogey said...

I'm starting to think this was really all just a scam where those three guys have conned us all into telling them what reads we have on them.

TripJax said...

Duggle,
Bingo!
You Suckaz,
Trip