Thursday, December 22, 2005

I loves a good fight!

I have had many a disagreement on this blog. First there was the stripper. That one was epic. TraumaPoker and I had a bit of a tiff, but it seems to have worked itself out. He seems to have joined up with GaryC's mafia, as a lesser member maybe. Elvis Henry and I went around for a bit, but he seems to have come around a bit too. I learned his blog isn't very serious all the time, and He learned the same thing about this one. And then Zowie...well...that guy is just a fucking retard. Kaballah? Give me a break.

Anyway, I have had some big blowouts. Maybe I am quick to fight, but I don't want people to think if they disagree with me that I am going to start attacking them. I do have strong opinions, and I do enjoy defending them when they are questioned. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DISLIKE PEOPLE WHO QUESTION ME.

I like to think my opinions are very well thought out and reasoned, but let's face it, many of them aren't. I don't mind it at all when someone makes me consider if my opinion is well reasoned or not. All I can say is that your opinion had better be well reasoned too, because you can be pretty sure I am going to make you think about it. HARD.

My arguments with Veneno are a perfect example. I kind of got on her case for defending SirWaffles when he goes on tilt. I love the waffle boy as much as anyone in bloggerdom, and I hate it when I see him lose control and go broke. Even if it is entertaining, and his descriptions are usually hilarious. So when Veneno thought I was kicking him when he was down, she stood up for him. She came to realize that I'm not a Waffle-Hater, especially when I stuck up for her when she was having a difficult time.

Just because I disagree with her on many issues, doesn't mean that I don't read her blog or respect her opinions. There's a huge difference between disagreeing with someone just to piss them off and disagreeing with someone because you honestly feel that they are in the wrong. Motivation really does matter.

So when my favorite friend from the land of Oz says he is worried about openly disagreeing with another's opinion (which probably isn't even mine) I think if the motivation comes from the right place, he doesn't have anything to worry about. Fire away! Just be prepared to defend yourself.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I count myself as someone who comes off as critical to Waffle, but I do it to try to get him to stop taking the beats (and himself) so seriously.

He's a good player, just needs to bone up on the psychological aspects surrounding poker.

TripJax said...

I like your style Duggle. I certainly don't always agree with it, but I like it. You are entertaining to read and you always have a point to get across.

leathej1 said...

Aw Christ - do we have to hug now?

Heafy said...

Coneheads? Seriously!

And I could use a hug...