Monday, March 14, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel

PokerSourceOnline has decided in the wake of this PokerNow disaster to alter their rules for signing up for the PartyPoker rakeback program.

You can cancel your PartyPoker account via telephone (you can even tell them you are canceling because of an affilliate program being obsoleted) and wait 72 hours, reopen via PokerSourceOnline's frequent flopper program (still 27.5%) and keep your rake rebate going.

It has been cleared with PP, and the only limitation is that you have not done another promotion from PSO through Party Poker (Skins do NOT count.) If you did a promotion from someone other than PSO, you can still do this deal. Alas, I did a different promotion at PSO for Party Poker a long time ago, so I am not eligible, but a lot of you guys might be.

I feel bad because I got so many people going on this PokerNow deal, which I thought was a good thing that would last a while. Unfortunately I guess it was too good to be true. If some of you are willing to give up your Party Poker screen names (it might be a good thing to get some of you away from your existing PokerTracker stats on a lot of computers out there) you can get back on the train.

2 comments:

John-Paul said...

Hey Dug, sucks what happened with the whole PokerNow incident. I'm thinking about closing my Party account and doing what you suggested, but before I do that, I'm wondering where you got your information. I went through a few posts at the 2+2 and PSO forums but couldn't confirm that what you suggested (canceling my Party account, then re-registering 72hrs later) would work.

From what I've seen, I'd need to wait at least 3 months before re-opening my Party account. Could you point me to the thread and/or the source of your info? Thanks.

DuggleBogey said...

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6990&highlight=hours