Thursday, July 20, 2006

Live Poker is SO Rigged...

I always think of the "Online Poker is Rigged, but I'm so good I can still beat it" donkeys when things like this happen at a live table.

While in Vegas at a $2-$6 Spread game at Excal, the board came Jx2, 2, J and the guy on my immediate left shows my most hated hand in poker, the lethal J2.

"A pair of trips!" I exclaim, glad I got out of the way much sooner. "Very nice Jack-deuce sir!" This guy was a "play any two cards to a limp, but fold anything but AA or KK to a raise" kind of player.

About ten hands later, the board comes a chilling Jx2, 2, J, and the very same player on my immediate left shows J2 again.

"Holy shit! The exact same pair of trips!" This time he split with another player who held KJ and got the lucky one outer on the river.

I can't remember the last time I held a pair of trips. What are the odds of a guy getting two pairs of trips within 10 hands of each other, with the EXACT same two cards, which happen to be as shitty as J2?

The mind boggles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The question remains...


... was it sOOOOOted?

slb159 said...

Addition the the next YMBADI list is in order...