Friday, August 25, 2006

Repeat Offender

I had about a buck sixty-five left in my PokerRoom account after I cashed out for Vegas, as I found out when I logged in this evening before the WWdN Not tournament. I busted out of that WWdN variant quite unceremoniously one minute before the PokerRoom tournament started. Twenty-one seconds short of FIVE HOURS later, this was the result.

PR Win
(Click Photo for Full Size)

Five times as many people as the last one, but only a $1 buy in. Serious donkeyness in this one. I chipped up very early but got cripped when someone got all in against me with QQQ2. I guess he thought he had enough chips because he sat out after that. (He bubbled)

I on the other hand made a huge comeback, taking the lead with two tables left. I was in second when we made the final table, and it was pretty much a two-man fight the whole way. Heads-up lasted a total of three hands. I remember thinking it was going to take forever with such huge stacks and only 15K big blinds, but on the third hand I turned the nut low and the nut flush draw, got him all in and the beautiful spade came on the river, giving me his final 500,000 chips.

It's past 3am, I have to work tomorrow and Mrs. Bogey is flying in to look at houses tomorrow. It should be a busy weekend, and I'm going to start it on no sleep. There's a lesson to be learned there: Don't play online poker if you value your sleep very much.

9 comments:

TechGuyTom said...

Winning Tournament > Sleep

Congrats

slb159 said...

Another big Omaha score. You need to write a book and have doubleas do the cover for ya'.
Nice job!

Fuel55 said...

It aint easy dodging that many donkeys. Good one dude.

jjok said...

Again, congrats!

Well done......

mookie99 said...

Congrats on the win...

Dave said...

If you can outlast the donks in the first hour or so of those tourneys then you have a good shot at it. The chips fly fast as most players figure to double up early or bust.

Grats on winning it all and creating a new bankroll on Pokerroom.

Gnome said...

Way to go!

iamhoff said...

Excellent run, Duggles. Chipper's right. Those low buy-in MTTs are total donk-fests thru the first hour or so. Most of those I've played in shed 2/3 of the field in just about a half hour. To survive 999 donks at 4 in the morning is impressive. Nicely done!

Unknown said...

Well done Duggle!