Friday, February 03, 2006

Ouch

It's been forever since I posted a bad beat or a hand history, but this one was pretty brutal, so I thought I'd post it.

But first let me bitch about Party Poker's SNG interface. I don't know a SINGLE PERSON who hasn't accidentally played the wrong damn SNG because they don't separate the Omaha, Stud and Holdem games. I played in a Limit one because (like a dumbass) I assumed they were all pot limit, and there wasn't a pot limit one available at the time I was looking.

Anyway, I'm hours into this SNG (have I told you how long it takes for limit SNGs?) and this hand comes up. I KNOW it was an awful call on the river, but I was already steaming from the river card.

I'll try to edit out all the meaningless stuff (no I don't use a hand converter) but the table was full and the limits had just gone up to $50/$100 on that hand.

#Game No : 3488816927
***** Hand History for Game 3488816927 *****
Omaha Hi/Lo $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Trny:19826230 Level:3 Stakes (50/100) -
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Debbie9999 ( $598 )
Seat 9: PawpPawp ( $135 )
Seat 5: OklahomaDug ( $728 )
Seat 6: Nabinger ( $1697 )
Seat 10: SGladys ( $846 )
Seat 2: luvtoplay55 ( $431 )
Seat 4: cabal138 ( $530 )
Seat 3: Screwworm ( $872 )
Seat 8: KSHIRLEY ( $763 )
Seat 7: colgravy ( $1400 )
Trny:19826230 Level:3
Stakes (50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to OklahomaDug [ Ad Kd Kc 3s ]
Screwworm calls [50].
OklahomaDug raises [100].
I like raising when the blinds start to become more meaningful in O8 tourneys, because you can actually start seeing folds because of pressure.
KSHIRLEY calls [100].
Debbie9999 calls [50].
Screwworm calls [50].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2d, Qs, 5h ]
This is a pretty good flop for me. I have the nut low draw and an overpair. I want to continue my pre-flop aggression.
Debbie9999 checks.
Screwworm checks.
OklahomaDug bets [50].
KSHIRLEY calls [50].
Debbie9999 calls [50].
Not exactly sure what she called with here. This is one of the main differences between limit and pot limit. Sometimes in pot limit you raise pre-flop to get more money into the pot so you can actually make a more meaningful bet after the flop. In limit, the opposite is true. If enough people call the raise pre-flop, that actually makes it EASIER to call after the flop even if the board is uncoordinated.
Screwworm folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]
This is my wildcard. I how have the nut high, best FH draw and still have my nut low draw.
Debbie9999 checks.
OklahomaDug bets [100].
KSHIRLEY folds.
Debbie9999 calls [100].
Debbie took forever to call here, finally doing it at the last second.
** Dealing River ** [ 9h ]
Debbie9999 bets [100].
OklahomaDug calls [100].
This was a poor call, but 1) I was steaming and 2) there was a desperate hope that she just thought I was chasing the low and didn't have a flush.
Debbie9999 shows [ Ah, 4h, 2h, Qc ] a flush, ace high.
OklahomaDug shows [ Ad, Kd, Kc, 3s ] three of a kind, kings.
Debbie9999 wins 975 chips from the main pot with a flush, ace high.
There was no qualifying low hand.
Game #3488823651 starts.

This was essentially the end of the tourney for me because I didn't have enough chips to make a meaningful challenge. And I was steaming. I did show, and got comments like "oh man" and "that sucks."

It took another 20 hands or so for me to go out, but there was very little hope as the deck suddenly got cold.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

$100 LO8 SnGs?

Wow. Are you doing well in them?

DuggleBogey said...

That's the only LO8 one I've ever played, but I'm doing well in the PL08 $50 ones.

I had just won a $50 so I thought I'd try to press it. You see how it turned out.