Monday, June 19, 2006

Brooootal

bad beat storiesA big tournament always ends with a brutal bad beat story, doesn't it?

With about 1300 people gone, I get JJ with two limpers in front. I have them both covered, but not by much. There's enough in the pot that I'd be happy taking it down now. I push. Both call(!), but I'm happy when I see they share an ace, and both have smaller kickers than my Jacks, one with a ten, the other with a nine.

"Just have to avoid two aces," I think to myself.

Flop comes 456 of hearts. I check the hands and neither has the ace of hearts, and one of my Jacks is a heart.

"Any heart and I win!" I think to myself excitedly. "And one of the aces left is a heart, so they are down to one out!"

The turn is the Ace of Spades.

"Shit! At least I still have a heart draw."

The six of clubs on the river left me with 250 chips with the 200 chip blind headed my way.

I fuckin' hate one outers.

Congrats to StudioGlyphic who came in the top 10 and won a $1500 WSOP entry!

6 comments:

Guin said...

Well the Ah could have fallen on the river to give you that one more second of joy!... and then pure disaster.

The main thing is that you did a great job of getting the donks all in with sub par hands. They lucked out this time for that lack of respect. Just keep plugging away.

Fun sitting at that table with you the other day... wouldn't mind hearing what you thought of my table image. Was working on the donk-LAG style!

DuggleBogey said...

Sorry, I fixed my post to say that I had the Jack of hearts, giving me the best heart draw, so even the ace of hearts would have given me the hand.

mookie99 said...

Uggh, how many chips did you have at the time ? AT..A9 ?? Ouch.

DuggleBogey said...

Around 5K, well above average. Winning the hand would have put me around 14K, and in the top ten at the time.

DuggleBogey said...

Great playing with you at FTP guin, I don't remember enough of your play to make any notes on you, sorry.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Hey Duggle, I will also be playing in the $2500 WSOP event on July 7. We should hook up before hand and compare notes at some point.

Sucks that we both won't be able to make the WPBT event because we'll both be tied for the chip lead at the final table. Doesn't it?