Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Okie - Fricking - Vegas

game of deathMy flight was delayed from Dallas to Oklahoma City Friday night (new reason this time; they had a plane and a crew, but the plane cleaners were late, we obviously need a spic and span plane for a 31 minute flight) so I didn't get to the NewCastle Gaming Center until after 11pm. By that time TripJax, GaryC, Maudie and SteelerJosh had already been playing for seven hours and were all playing at the same limit table.

I attempted to tilt the table immediately by straddling the first time I was UTG. Trip raised and the rest of the bloggers and random donkeys folded. I looked at my 92o and said "I have to call, it's only one more small bet." The flop came QJT to make me open ended. I checked and Trip bet. "I have to call, it's only one more small bet." The turn was an 8, and I knew I had sucked out. I checked, he bet, I raised. He sighed and called that and my river (brick) bet, showing his set of queens.

Unfortunately bloggers don't tilt as easily as normal players, and the only hand I remember playing against TripJax all night after that was when he caught a runner-runner flush (the odds were there, as they always were in this loosy-goosey limit donkfest) to beat my set of tens.

We played with the "I call any unimproved ace until the river" donkeys until every single one of them busted. Seriously, when the table broke at 2am, bloggers had all the chips in front of them, and every other player at the table was down to the felt.

I picked up a map to Gary's house and found poor Mrs. Bogey half awake in front of a slot machine and dragged her home for the night.

To be continued...

1 comment:

TripJax said...

"Seriously, when the table broke at 2am, bloggers had all the chips in front of them, and every other player at the table was down to the felt."

Hadn't thought about that, but it's true. Was a good time Duggle...hate we never played at the same table in the tourney, but glad I got a chance to have my set of Queens busted in that way. It makes for a good story. Catch you again soon...