Monday, July 23, 2007

Goddamn Rednecks

I found it difficult to believe that the CBS affiliate would show a 30-minute infomercial for Time Life 50's music albums instead of whatever the network wanted them to show in the 7:30pm (the HEART of prime time, 8:30 Eastern) time slot.

I had to check a national listing on the internet to find out which show I was being denied access. Apparently an episode of "The New Adventures of Old Christine" had a show with a "Tolerating Homosexuality" theme that is objectionable to the viewers in this area, or at least to the people who think they know what the viewers in this area can tolerate.

The number one movie in America this week is "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry." I haven't seen the film (and I won't because the previews look GODAWFUL and Rotten Tomatoes gives it a REMARKABLY low 14%) but I'm thinking that movie preaches some kind of homosexual tolerance, dispersed among a bunch of eighth-grade homo jokes. In fact, since all the jokes in the movie were approved by organizations representing "the gay community," I'm positive that it's full of moral lessons of tolerance.

I wonder how that movie's box office results skewed in the south?

No comments: