Tuesday, June 29, 2004

This blog may be premature

I may have jumped the gun on this blog. Last night I was in the $1500 added freeroll tourney and there were repeated delays. The tourney would just pause for no reason. This happened 4 or 5 times.

Then suddenly I was locked out of my table. This has happened to me 3 times before. The game goes on, but I am not allowed back into the table. The software somehow thinks I am still there, but I'm not. The only way to get back in is to get a new IP. So I have to reboot my cable modem and my router, hope it gets a new IP and then try to reconnect. I lost hundreds in blinds while all this is occurring, including time to send a NASTY email to intertopspoker.com.

This one was the last straw. After last Saturday's debacle when they cancelled the tournament due to technical problems and didn't pay the prize money to anybody, in spite of their own posted policy, I was upset. After this lockout, AGAIN, I was done. I withdrew all my money and told them I was never playing another game at their HORRIBLY run site again. And I mean HORRIBLY run. When you cannot connect to the table it puts up a message that says call this 888 number. That number is disconnected. How cheesy is that? I've complained about the number and they don't even have the brains to remove it. The "live floorperson" feature has never worked. All you can do is email, and get a response within 24 hours.

I got back into the tourney, and even managed to finish in the money. I am by no means a great player, but when I can keep myself under control I generally give myself a chance to not only finish in the money, but to place very highly. But the software glitches at intertopspoker make it nearly impossible for me to be successful. I play very few hands, and if I miss just a couple of hands I would have played, that might be the difference between 20th place and 1st. Sunday's tournament is the only one I can think of in recent memory where it went smoothly with no technical problems. And I won that one. But all the frustration of delays and lockouts really hurts my game.

So I am without a home. Intertops Poker, and Party Poker by proxy, have shot their wad. They were given second and third and FOURTH chances, but that is over. I will play the money I won in this tournament until it is gone, and they will never see another deposit from me.

No comments: