Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Blogger Table

As a function of my vacation and the ability to stay up late (thank god I don't have to hear the alarm go off at 5am every morning) I actually got a chance to play at a blogger table last night.

I was playing at an Intertops Freeroll around 10:00 and I thought about the blogger table. I knew SirFWALman always played at these things and always with his actual name, so I searched for him. Sure enough, he was at a table full of bloggers. When otis took off it opened up a spot for me.

How was the table? BRUTAL with a capital BRUTAL. 98% of hands were raised pre-flop. Even more flops were bet. A huge number of bluffs, and an even larger number of suck-outs. AA was garbage (except when I raise into it with my 72.)

My ONE goal for the night was to win a hand with 72. I bet I raised with it 6 times, and finally won a hand with it when I raised to $3 pre-flop and bet $10 on the flop. This hardly makes up for the time I spiked a 7 high flop and called the $10 bet against AA. Ugly. Fortunately I won the buff against the same guy, so it was a big like rubbing it in his face. For my own money.

Two hands were particularly brutal. On one I made my flush on the turn with K6 of spades but only called a $6 river raise to see Ace-Ten of spades. I was very suprised to see someone play Ace-Ten of spades without a pre-flop raise at this table. Way to NOT protect a good hand. I guess it was the flush or nothing for that guy.

The other was my final hand for the night. My Ace-Five of spades was all in when I got my flush on the turn. There was a pair of Tens on the board so my nut-flush wasn't a sure thing. Especially when moron calls me with a pair of sevens and spikes a seven on the river. Nice call shit-bag.

I do not reccomend the blogger table, unless you just want to show off and have fun. The blogger tourneys are a better idea. I'm not sure why they don't play a weekly league or something, if all of them show up so regularly every night. There was Iggy, Pauly, Otis, Poker Prof, Maudie, the aforementioned SirF, and a bunch of others I can't remember. All funny guys, but playing at these small stakes makes them pretty crazy.

2 comments:

Pauly said...

Nice playing with ya Duggle!

SirFWALGMan said...

You keep up with the Bloggers fine! Its always a pleasure!