Friday, May 13, 2005

Problems with my solution

Alan brings up some excellent points:

Unfortunately, there are two problems with this for me:

1. I already have an Absolute account.
2. Their software sucks so much I can't even stand to play there. When betting in NL, I can't select the amount and start typing - I have to hit BACKSPACE on the default number that shows up in the box before typing a new one.


1) Rumor has it (2+2, so take it with a grain of salt) that you can easily convince customer service at Absolute Poker to cancel your current account and begin a new one with a new affiliate. Even if you tell them that it's just so you can get on a rakeback program. One poster even claims that they added some bonus cash to his account to make up for the absolute points he would be losing. Absolute is having a BIG push right now, I bet you can do it.

2) Yes, the software is a resource hog, and is at times laggy. But once you adjust to it, it's not really that bad. They have even improved it lately so it's not nearly as slow as it used to be.

I never type the dollar amount in at NL tables, and I never use the slider. I always click on the bar to the left or the right of the slider, and it adjusts the amount up or down the value of the minimum bet. So if the min bet is $20, and you click to the right of the slider 4 times, it goes right to $100. Learned that trick from King Lucky, so thank him when you use it. And you will use it. EVERYWHERE.

Another benefit to Absolute is the SNGs, while they don't earn you rakeback or bonus points, they are REALLY juicy. The players are awful and you can just wait them out because you start with T1500 and the blinds go super slow. I know I've said this over and over, but it's true. It feels like free money.

No comments: