Thursday, February 23, 2006

Regret

I have regrets about Tuesday's "You Might Be A Donkey If..." post. But not for the reasons you'd think.

At first I was reading this Chimp's blog, and it was immediately obvious that he was a donkey. It had your standard donkey features....Poor grammar and spelling, horrendous poker advice, retarded picture of himself with his chest puffed out. The only reason he makes money playing poker is because he plays at levels where his opponents are even worse than he is, and variance hasn't completely caught up to him. He obviously doesn't use Poker Tracker, if he has even heard of it. If he even had the mental capacity to use it.

But as I was reading his blog more and more, it started being less funny and more sad. His blog wasn't a satire, it was really his outlook on life. An outlook he probably shares with a lot of people.

His blog isn't simply about an ego that has gone totally out of control. It's much more than that. His blog glorifies abusing women. His blog is racist. His blog glorifies such topics as drunk driving and child neglect. His blog is an absolute horror.

I fear that there are more people like him out there. A lot more. More like him than not. One commenter said there needs to more people like him. The possibility that there might be scares the shit out of me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Take a trip to your nearest trailer park and you'll find plenty of people who would pen their blogs in a similar fashion to that guy's blog.

More people like that exist then you or I would like to think.

Felicia :) said...

Glenn and I were in our hotel room in LA while playing at Commerce last month. We found a movie with Clint Eastwood in it and it seemed like it had just started, so we decided to watch it for a while.

Later in the movie the lead actress introduces Eastwood to her "family" and they play a minor role in the background of the story. As soon as I figured out what was going on, I kept pointing and exclaiming to Glenn:

"There, there! That is MY family! You see??? That could be the story of MY life!"

It was called Million Dollar Baby. I'd never even heard of it before.

Things would have been a lot different if I'd stayed in Missouri.

C.L. Russo said...

Point me to this guy's blog. I'd love to read it in the same way people can't look away from car accidents. Also, I wouldn't mind engaging him in some dialogue on what an asshole he is.

(If he isn't too offended by then, I'll invite him to a home game so I can relieve him of his welfare check.)

leathej1 said...

I have absolutely no Zen spin on this.