Thursday, May 24, 2007

Where Will I Land?

When I took this job in Spring Hill Tennessee it was with full knowledge that they were shutting the plant down for retooling this year. I wanted to be here for the retooling because systems are always easier to maintain when you are involved in the initial installation.

But installation does not start until October, after demolition. Believe it or not, my company doesn't want to pay me to sit on my ass for four months so they are sending me on the road until then.

But where? It was nice to hear that other plants are fighting over my services, but they weren't happy with the October deadline. The plants after me wanted my services through January. I don't want to be on the road that long, so I was happy with the October 1st deadline.

The finalists came down to Mexico, Wilmington and Shanghai. When they heard that I've been to the first plant in Shanghai before they were very interested, but again they wanted someone long term.

So it looks like I'll be headed to beautiful Wilmington Delaware, where they make this:saturnsky

That should be fun. Also Wilmington is a half hour from Philadelphia. A lot of guys who travel for my company fly out on Mondays and fly back on Fridays. That's a lot of time in airports, so I prefer to stay over a weekend and fly back the next Friday. This means I can probably take one weekend and head to Atlantic City, a mere 81 miles from Wilmington.

6 comments:

StB said...

I hope you drive one of those. Looks nicel.

leathej1 said...

Please don't acquire a Delaware accent.

DuggleBogey said...

I am on the list to get one of them in Blue.

And you'd rather I pick up the Tennessee Twang?

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I want me one of them cars!

Does this mean you will be hanging with Al?

BrainMc said...

I tried to test drive the Red-Line version on Saturday, but they were very busy and I wasn't going to buy one anyway. At least I'll get my $25 award for the "test drive" anyway. I have been a fan of this car since I saw it in the Atlanta Auto Show a few years ago. When they added the turbo....SWEET. I love the styling, but until I get a 3 car garage, I've got to have some back seat for my dog.

AlCantHang said...

Wow. Wilmington is a huge banking town. As boring as that sounds, you can't possibly imagine how boring it is. For christsake, the bars close at 1am.

Drop me a line if you end up there.