Sunday, June 24, 2007

What an Asshole

Miami Donk said:

For instance, the hammer is, what I like to say so 2004. It's outdated, its a bad joke, and it's just not funny anymore. Do those of you who play it still get a kick out of turning over the hammer and showing everyone how smooth you are? Are those of you at the table impressed by someone else doing it, thinking wow he or she is smooth for playing the worst possible starting hand. I think what a jackass, I can't wait until all those chips get spewed across the table and I sure hope I get my share.


PokerNews reported:

Dr. Pauly Drops The Hammer at the WSOP

Paul McGuire raised to 700 from the button and the big blind called. The flop was {K-Hearts}{Q-Clubs}{3-Spades}. The big blind checked, McGuire bet 1,500 and the big blind called. The turn was the {6-Clubs}. McGuire fired out another 2,000 and the big blind folded.

McGuire showed {2-Hearts}{7-Spades}, a.k.a. "The Hammer" and dragged the pot with his bluff. He was up to 10,500 after the hand.

____________________________________________________________________


Fuck you, Donk, and everything you stand for.

2 comments:

Fuel55 said...

While Pauly's feat is impressive he risked T4200 or about half his stack on this play. Very dangerous.

DuggleBogey said...

He made a read and played it hard. That's good poker in my book.