Friday, January 04, 2008

Iowa is an acronym

It stands for Idiots Out Wandering Around.

For all those folks who want to say the Iowa Caucus means something, remember back to 1988 when the Democratic winner was DICK GEPHARDT and PAT ROBERTSON finished ahead of George Bush. Neither of them even caught a whiff of success after that.

It's meaningless. It's IOWA for Pete's sake. Why do people even care about something that happens in Iowa in relation to national politics?

This isn't meant to denigrate any results. I don't dislike Obama and I think Huckabee seems like a very reasonable and nice fellow. I just don't think this MEANS ANYTHING. Everyone is talking like it does, and that's just because they want SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT.

The Britney Spears story is equally as important, and much more entertaining. You'll gain the exact same amount of insight by focusing on that.

4 comments:

Micah Seymour said...

Howard Dean and John Kerry would probably disagree with you on that. Iowa made the Kerry campaign in '04 and killed Dean.

But seeing as how the Iowa Caucuses have only correctly picked the Dem and GOP candidates 12 of 16 times, you are probably right.

StB said...

Sounds like your favorite criminal candidate did not have a day that ended well for her.

DuggleBogey said...

I guess I wasn't clear enough when I said "I don't mean to denigrate any results."

I don't give a shit about any of these candidates, I don't think any of them is worth a damn. Every one of them is a power hungry scumbag, without exception.

My point is that Iowans are useless fucking morons, and if the entire political process takes its lead from Iowa, the entire country is FUCKED.

Buddy Dank said...

Not that I disagree entirely about Iowa but....hold on a sec while I put a note on duggle....douchebag....ok where was I. Ohh nevermind.