Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Way Past the Shark

First a note: Molten Core was an April Fools joke by Blizzard. I would never buy a console, they are for pinheads who are intimidated by computer keyboards. (KIDDING! Stop with the kicking!)

Based on this joke alone:
Blizzard > Mythic Anyone

Anyways...

Speaking of jumping the shark, apparently when I wasn't watching (because I stopped playing....and then even stopped watching) the BBT events jumped the shark. There's no question that Al is THE MAN for putting on this tournament series, but nobody's ungrateful like bloggers are ungrateful.

I guess the bigger the prize the more people feel the urge to be assholes when they feel like their particular "poker justice" isn't being done.

GaryC is literally the nicest guy I know. A lot of you folks are super people, but the top of the list features ol' GCoxy. And even he thinks it's just not worth it anymore even with the fantastic prizes that are involved in this deal.

The last time I railbirded a blogger event I didn't enjoy myself in the slightest, and I just never went back. I really love talking with some of you who know how to have fun. But that group of assholes manages to suck the fun out of it for everyone who isn't in their clique.

It's actually very sad. The great thing about bloggers was that they were an over-the-top inclusive group. Today's menu is exclusivity. All they can eat.

3 comments:

TechGuyTom said...

It's definitely a new crowd. Our generation has passed, and for that I am a little saddened.

Jordan said...

I really don't get all of the complaining about the BBT3 on any level. If you think Al is the man for putting together the tournament series, then why would you shit on his event by claiming that it has Jumped the Shark. Jumping the Shark means tha it has peaked and is now a shadow of its former self. The BBT3 is still going strong.

I guess what I mean to say is, if you don't want to play anymore, don't play, but don't knock the event.

Also, this idea of exclusivity may actually exist, but I, fortunately, do not care enough about being in an in-crowd to have noticed. I think everyone collectively needs to relax a bit. That includes the bitchy chatters and the people who can't take the bitch chatters.

DuggleBogey said...

You're right, I shouldn't say the BBT3 jumped the shark, but railbirding them sure has.

If you can stand around silent while innocent people just looking to have fun are verbally assaulted by a small but consistent group of assholes, well good for you.