Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Did You Vote?

I didn't.

I know what you're thinking, I bitch a lot for someone who didn't vote. But I can't vote in Tennessee yet because I haven't been a resident long enough, and I didn't go to the trouble of voting absentee in Oklahoma. Mostly because I have no idea what's going on in Oklahoma, since I haven't actually been there for more than three days in a row since February. Since I have repeatedly said "Don't just VOTE, educate yourself on the candidates and their stance on the issues and VOTE," I would be a hypocrite if I just rubber stamped someone in Oklahoma.

If I could have voted in Tennessee, I would have.

Although I still feel pretty gullible thinking that my vote actually counts. The party in power in this country has absolutely no compunction about lying, stealing, taking bribes, gerrymandering, push polling, covering up for each other's crimes, spending a trillion dollars they don't have, or sending innocent soldiers to die for no good reason. Do you really think they'd have a problem with rigging elections?

4 comments:

Pokerwolf said...

If you the other political party in this country wouldn't or doesn't stoop as low as the other, you're insane. They just don't get caught.

DuggleBogey said...

Why do people keep saying that? I don't see anywhere in my post where it says the Democrats are angels.

I guess I need to put a disclaimer in front of every politics post that says "I am not a Democrat! I think the Democrats are just as douchebaggy as Republicans!"

jjok said...

I think you should put the disclaimer, because you sure haven't expressed it in your posts......

DuggleBogey said...

I would put a disclaimer up on every post to try and keep idiots from misinterpreting my posts and inserting their own agenda into them, but it would be a lost cause. They're idiots for a reason.

Anyone that assumes I love Democrats because I hate Republicans is never going to be convinced otherwise, no matter how much evidence I give to the contrary. They are not capable of overcoming the obstacle of low IQ or blinding agenda.