Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hello? Hello?

Update: Fuckin' Blogger...completely ate my post and wouldn't let me publish all day. Luckily I type my posts into another medium and copy it to Blogger's shitty interface. It still won't let me post from Firefox, I had to login via IE to get this posted. Anyone who has ideas on an easy transition to my own domain might get to be my best friend...

So there I was last night, sitting with my laptop in front of a roaring fire, playing 2-7 triple draw on Stars while waiting for the MATH tournament to start and talking on my Vonage telephone service as the PVR was dutifully recording "Heroes" for me. It was shaping up to be an entertaining evening.

Suddenly, the television was silent and the lights went out. I sat in my recliner seeing only the glow of my laptop and the fireplace. I stopped in mid-sentence of my telephone conversation to say "you're not there anymore, are you?"

Power outages suck when you're totally reliant on the internet and satellite TV for your entertainment. I played solitaire on the laptop until the battery gave out, then trudged off to bed. The power came one sometime during the night, and I checked to see how much of "Heroes" actually got recorded before the blackout. 43 minutes. I'll have to set up the Friday replay on Sci-Fi to record.

Mrs. Bogey is in Florida for her Grandmother's 90th birthday party, and was supposed to drive back yesterday, but I got a wild hair and bought a plane ticket to fly down Wednesday after work to enjoy Thanksgiving with her family, then drive her back myself on Sunday. She was happy because she didn't have to do all the driving herself, and her folks were happy that they got to spend Thanksgiving with their daughter, even if it means having me there. That's actually an exaggeration, they're happy to have me there too, I'll do some of the cooking. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because I love to cook a big Thanksgiving meal, and my in-laws always say how much they love my cooking, even sometimes when it is a total flop.

I was happy too, because I found a great deal on a plane ticket that I thought might cost me at least $500 at the last minute on the biggest travel day of the year. I'll be dragging my work laptop along (Yes, I have a work and a personal laptop now, thanks BG) so I might be able to update from Florida.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in Florida? Its pretty freaking cold here now so bring a sweatshirt. High today was in the low 60's.

DuggleBogey said...

Jacksonville...

Low 60's? It was in the teens here last night, good thing the new house has a fireplace, since no power means no furnace...