Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar

Outside of Hollywood it's the biggest gay holiday of the year, so I guess it's good that the Academy Awards realized who their audience was and got Ellen to host. It's like a big "thumbs up" to their target demographic. "We know you're there, and we love ya!"

I don't give a shit what anyone was wearing. Nobody else does either. Unless you're Ryan Seacrest, or otherwise like to chug penis. The single dumbest question uttered by a human is "Who are you wearing?"

I'm sure Martin (Marty) Scorsese is thrilled that he won an academy award for, let's say, the FIFTH best film he's ever done? "Goodfellas," "Mean Streets," "Taxi Driver," "Raging Bull," "The Color of Money," "The King of Comedy," "The Last Temptation of Christ," "After Hours"...wow, I liked them all better than this one. That makes this at best the NINTH best film he's done IMO. I enjoyed "The Last Waltz" more too but I'm not gonna count that one. Oh yeah, "Cape Fear." Make it TENTH.

As an awards show, the Oscars are a joke.

1 comment:

TripJax said...

You know the old adage...opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

The Oscars are a great example of this.

They are not my cup a tea, but I do love movies in general. I could give a rats ass what people wear, but I do enjoy the pictures of the smokin' hotties.

Carmen does a great write-up of these things. I enjoy reading it even though I don't really watch or like the oscars...