Thursday, June 26, 2008

Type A

Last night I had a dream about being attacked by wild animals.

Not that I'm posting about my dream and what it meant. I hate people who describe their dreams to you and expect you to explain what it means. "You're very twisted," I always reply, even to the benign dreams.

What bothered me about my dream was that the entire time I felt it was a dream I'd had before, and I was upset about that. Not because it was a rerun but because I felt like I knew how the dream should go and it wasn't going exactly how it went before. My expectations were for a dream that I knew the results in advance, and I was more and more disappointed when things didn't work out the way I wanted.

Talk about control issues.

I woke up at 3:45 and wasn't able to get back to sleep before I had to get up at 4:45. I feel cheated out of an hour of sleep by my subconscious.

No comments: