Friday, September 23, 2005

Destructive Feedback, finally

Well, I finally got some of the feedback I expected from some of the blogers that I talked about in my Destructive Criticism post.

Interestingly, the harshest feedback was from a person I DIDN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT.

This person, who read only the criticism post and didn't read the positive comments from an earlier post, even though I reference them in the post.

This person said that I "have no clue" and that I was "bashing" SirF. That they were just "defending him."

Well, thanks for TOTALLY MISSING THE POINT.

Here's the point, spelled out for the slow.

You weren't around when Sirf was having a lot of trouble and blowing his entire bankroll in the process. It was VERY PAINFUL to watch. I wouldn't want that to happen again, to anyone I cared about. It was very tragic, and if it took him quitting poker to keep it from happening again, I'd say that was a good thing.

My descriptions are about how difficult and tragic his bustouts were. That's all. They were not a description of him as a person. I didn't call him "Titanic" I said watching his bustout was like watching "Titanic." I understand why someone might misunderstand that though. I think I cleared that up with SirF. It's actually a credit to his ability to write and entertain that he could convey those types of feelings while going through it.

I did not say I'd rather he quit poker than be successful at it. You'd have to be a FOOL to think such a thing.

It's not like I called him an asshole or something. I actually say that he's "one of the good guys." But I'm not going to stand by and watch a guy flame out and go broke and call him a "GREAT PLAYER! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!" That wouldn't be a friend, would it?

Anyway, SirWiffleWaffle is back posting again, and everyone should be reading him. You never know what you are going to miss.

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Thanks man.

TechGuyTom said...

Somehow I missed the original post entirely. As for your take on my blog...well....your dead on. I just feel I need something important to say before I say it.