Friday, August 10, 2007

Back from Ohio

The trip to Ohio was fairly uneventful, except for the speeding ticket I got in Kentucky on the way back. Now I know why the abbreviation for that state is KY...I got fucked. The speed on the six-lane interstate (six lanes on my side of the median, six on the other) apparently dropped to 55 for no obvious reason for about a mile. The reason became obvious when the cop pulled me over. The ticket giving process is VERY streamlined in KY as he didn't even ask me to sign anything. Just handed me a piece of paper that said I owe the state of KY $200 or so. That must be a very profitable piece of asphalt.

I'm not sure if I'll have to return to Ohio next week. I know if I do I will be staying at a decent hotel. The accommodations were acceptable but the internet was pathetically slow. Apparently the definition of "high-speed internet" is very subjective. I wouldn't call "approaching dial-up" as "high speed." Things are still screwed up in the plant and they need as many warm bodies as possible, but there is also pressure coming in from people here that I stay and do work that needs to be addressed here.

No comments: