Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Anonymity is for PUSSIES

Wow, I have a lot of blog entries to catch up on. I've been reading constantly for three days, and I have still only gotten through about six blogs worth of posts.

But first, I want to thank everyone that has signed up under my referral ID at Poker Source Online. The referral money has been a real shock, and everyone has thanked me for getting them involved in a place that really helps poker players get something in return for playing poker online.

The real danger of PSO is the disappointing feeling you get when playing in Vegas. Where are the comps? Where are the bonuses? I WANT FREE SHIT!! All I can say is, load up on the free drinks.

Speaking of playing live, we have three players lined up for the Okie-Vegas experience. I will be wearing a Poker Source Online black baseball cap, and I will post friday on which incredibly garrish poker shirt I have decided on.

Maudie will be the only good-looking chick playing poker at a $4/$8 table. I know this because I know they don't have a lot of $4/$8 Tables, and I have seen the poker players at the T-Bird.

GaryC will have to give a description of what he is wearing or some other way to recognize him, or he will have to find us. This should not be hard, Maudie and I stick out like a sore thumb.


Pussy Bloggers



BG over at Random Thoughts and Thoroughbred Selections has an interesting idea. He calls it "Anonyblogging" and the title is "Stuff You Didn't Want To Post Yourself." While there are times that I probably SHOULD have posted stuff anonymously, I still think anyone who takes advantage of this, with the exception of posting something ILLEGAL, is a HUGE PUSSY. And if you use it to post something illegal, you're just plain stupid.

If you have something to say, have the balls to say it in your own blog. If you're afraid of what will happen, or that you might offend someone, then don't post it at all. This anonymous posting thing is half-assed. Either you're brave or you're not.

Bottom line is, if you don't have the character to withstand the repercussions of your words, then you don't really deserve to have those words published anywhere.

No offense BG, I'm sure you thought you were doing something nice. But your posts are so open, honest and unforgiving, I would think that you of all people would have no tolerance for people who won't stand behind what they say.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think its more the embarrassment of the posts in the anon-blog, not illegal stuff.

Some people have an extremely high blush factor, I think its a good medium to express things those people normally wouldn't.

DuggleBogey said...

Most blogs, especially non-poker, I have read, are already pretty damn embarassing.

Nobody can come up with something more embarassing than the stuff BG already posts anyway.

Again, if you are embarassed, either sack up and post it in your blog, or save it.

Besides, if you are just blogging to show how "cool" you are, guess what? You're NOT!

BG said...

I couldn't disagree with you more there Duggles... The Anonyblog thing is - more than anything - an encouragement to get people to put more of themselves in their writing. I'm not trying to foster anonymity, and I can't see this thing "taking off" either, but what I'd like to see is that someone contributes to that for the first time, says "hey, this isn't so bad," and opens up a little bit more in their regular space. That's all.

DuggleBogey said...

That is what grouphug is for.

And grouphug is a clot of bullshit.

DuggleBogey said...

I take that back. Anything that encourages people to be more genuine in their blogs is a good thing.

I'm not sure it does that, but what do I know?

Jordan said...

Aren't all blogs anonymous at the core? I don't know BG's full name. I know him as a writer. And if I go to a WPBT event, I might meet him. But at the core, he is writing his opinions or stories psuedo-anonymously. He doesn't have to look us in the face when he tells us these stories, because he has the anonymity of a keyboard and computer screen. We decide individually if we want to make ourselves available to our readers outside of the blogosphere, and overall I think we only do that to a select few.

So, give anonymity a chance. Otherwise, I'd never be able to read that great 'need-to-shit-because-of-cocaine' story posted on the anonyblog. And while we're at it, grouphug.us is entertaining too. Love those perverts

Mourn said...

Blogs are gay.