Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blinders can keep you from seeing a good time

While the DADI event last night was a good time, there's always at least one person who has to be an asshole and screw things up.

At one point in the tournament, a short stacked blogger played the hammer against someone called "Blinders" who claims to be a blogger but I've never heard of him. "Blinders" had KK and the flop had a deuce and an ace in it. Some other bloggers at the table, including me, begged for a seven in the chat. We got our seven on the river, but unfortunately the board paired aces on the turn and the hammer got cracked.

Even though we typed "come on seven" in the chat before the ace came on the turn, it all went by quickly. "Blinders" said "seven wouldn't help you idiot." I'm not sure who he was talking to, since several of us were rooting for the seven. When I pointed out that we said that before the turn paired the board, he replied with "your gay."

What.a.fucking.asshole.

The hammer playing blogger was short stacked, and "Blinders" was leading the table. I'd guess that at least 70% of bloggers would be rooting for the hammer to win in that situation even if THEY were the one with the kings. (We'll call this the Iggy type.) Another 29.9% of bloggers would be rooting for their kings to hold up, but would totally understand that all the other bloggers at the table were rooting for the hammer to suck out, especially when the short stack wouldn't make a dent in his chip stack (We'll call this the SirFWALGMan type.)

That leaves the final one tenth of one percent. This asshole. He can't be satisfied that he is playing a game where someone will willingly risk his entire stack with 72 vs KK. No, this sperm receptacle has to get pissed off when the table roots for the hammer to come through. Then just to top it off, he has to follow it up with the gramatically incorrect and third-grade level insult "your gay."

It's especially stupid to make an asshole out of yourself in a tournament like this when if you win, you'll be playing in a WSOP event that will be attended by ALL THE PEOPLE YOU PISSED OFF. That's a very clever way to get yourself jumped in a parking lot.

I can understand if someone looks at this tournament as a great opportunity to get a seat at the WSOP for $30, but I think that would be an error as there were some pretty fine poker players in that tourney. Like someone said in the Yahoo chat, he played in a Party Poker 50 player WSOP tourney and there were more players out in ten minutes than in the first hour of the blogger tournament.

Don't come to that tournament if you're going to be a fucking asshole like this guy. It's called the "Donkeys Always Draw Invitational" for a reason, moron. These tournaments are all about having fun and bullshitting around with a bunch of bloggers. Unfortunately there always seems to be an buzzkill like this to ruin the fun. If that is the attitude you're going to bring to the tournament, next time please just don't play. You are sincerely NOT WELCOME here.

9 comments:

Fat Dan said...

Wow. that is harder than you ever were on the Champ. I like it. Unload on that blind mofo.

so "your gay", whose gay? its gay?

His gay? her gay? their gay?

any other ways to show possesion of gayness?

just incase blinders read your post and didn't get what was gramatically wrong with his insult, it should be you're gay! As in You Are Gay! Happy! Cheerful!

Fat Dan said...

as a disclaimer, comments can have as many gramatical errors as possible with out being scrutinized.

Vote for Champ! LOL!

Unknown said...

He must have been humbled after getting to mine and Gracie's table.

Hardly heard a peep out of him.

DuggleBogey said...

I kinda laid into him. As I am wont to do. (It's a word, look it up!)

iamhoff said...

Blinders busted me out. As far as I'm concerned, he can go choke on the big blue veiner! And good use of "wont", Duggles. Good attempt to bring a measure of class to the broggers by adding a measure of opulent verbosity.

TripJax said...

http://blinderspoker.blogspot.com/

TripJax said...

I missed it all, but it figured it might help to offer the url...

And what is it with you and being called gay Duggle. I swear it is uncanny.

smokkee said...

I'm pretty sure he was directing those comments toward me.

I run into Blinders online regularly. We have more or less a friendly rivalry.

As you mentioned, he had a ton of chips. It wasn't gonna put a dent in his stack so, I was rooting for the hammer.

Blinders said...

Wow, I am so sorry for what happened. My comments were directed at smokkee and not anyone else at the table. I thought he was the one typing 7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7. That guy annoys the crap out of me. Anyway, it would be nice if you read my explaination about what happened. It may clear thing up a bit. I think things were taken way out of context. Sorry, I spoiled what should have been a good time.