Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'll Get Plenty of Sleep When I'm Dead

At some point you realize that hitting the snooze button and getting that extra nine minutes of sleep isn't going to help much when you didn't go to bed until 4am and the alarm went off at 7.

I stayed up way too late playing online poker, and I really should know better than to start a tournament so late when if you make the final table it is going to make you beg for merciful death the next day at work. Yet it's almost a guaranteed way to make a final table. Even when you get it all in on the bubble shortstacked with AQ vs Mr. Giant Stack's AK, if staying up later will make you miserable the next day, that miracle queen will come on the river. At least it did for me.

Fellow bloggers are no help either, especially those who don't have to get up for work the next day. They are the enablers. You know who you are. How do you get 25 professional poker players into a phone booth? Toss a black chip in there. How do you get them out? Toss in a bar of soap. Nyah Nyah.

1 comment:

Guin said...

I hear you on this one... played live last night and ended up crashing at my office for about 2 hours and then taxing home... got home took shower, got changed and then back to work.

Feeling it today.

Plenty of time for sleep in the grave.