Monday, April 17, 2006

No Antidote

I had a great weekend of poker, pushing my bankroll over another plateau that I have been working on for a while. My PLO8 game had gotten a bit stale, meaning that I wasn't playing with the patience that the game requires. That means LOSSES! So I switched to the NLHE tables for a while on Full Tilt. Table after table of push monkeys! Why raise $8 pre flop when you can push in with $90 to try and win those $3 in blinds? Especially when you're holding Ace-Ten? It makes sense when you think about it. Why play No Limit if you're not going to take advantage of being able to put all your money in by PUTTING ALL YOUR MONEY IN PRE-FLOP AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN. We need some kind of hybrid word for these Push-monkey/donkeys. PMDs?

Fear the Poison But much more importantly I witnessed a masterful poker performance by the one and only Veneno. I tuned in as she was nearing the money in an MTT at Poker Stars with 944 victims. I rang her in chat and she told me it was her last bit of money on Stars and that if she didn't cash here she was not going to re-deposit. So I cheered her on as she made the money, tore her way up to third in chips, patiently waited at the final table until the big stack took out all the other players, then methodically bestowed this guy a new rectum when they got heads-up. This poor guy has no idea what hit him. He probably thought he had first place wrapped up when he got heads-up with a HUGE chip advantage, but he hardly had a chance.

Tomorrow is another travel day, back to Tennessee. It's been a nice relaxing weekend as Easter is not a big holiday at the Bogey household. I never did understand how someone who can't be killed, died, then came back, but then didn't stay. If he was dead, where did he go? Don't dead people go to heaven? Isn't that where he went? So the celebration is that he's alive, but he's in heaven, where he would be if he was dead? It's all so confusing. That's the way he rolls I guess. Whatever. Anyway, I hope you all had a fun Pagan Rabbit/Egg Hiding Day.

4 comments:

TripJax said...

Poison can lay down the pain when need be...

leathej1 said...

Do you think that a preemptive strike is justifiable for nations that harbor PMDs?

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Wow Duggle..I think that is the best compliment on my poker play I have ever received. Thank you!

And thanks for cheering and keeping me patient.

C.L. Russo said...

I think Jesus went to Hell to free all the souls there.

Or something.