Saturday, November 24, 2007

Night Fun

the dock at night compressed

Here's the dock outside the house I'm staying at in Jacksonville Florida. It's dark as a pitch out there but I caught the moon pretty full with a nice reflection on the river water. I used a six second exposure and I ran out there and flashed the tree and the flag to freeze the action. The long exposure makes it look more like dusk even though it was really the dark of night. You can't see me standing in the middle of the frame because no light was hitting me. I ran out there to fire the flash handheld. In some of the shots you can see a ghostly image of me, but this one I didn't let any light reflect back at me by aiming the flash higher into the air.

Click on the photo to see a larger version.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Very cool! I've read some things on light painting but haven't dared to try. I can't believe it didn't pick you up in the photo! Crazy! I just started getting into photography over the summer - http://photon00b.blogspot.com :)